DOES ACNESTAR REALLY WORK?

Hello everyone, I hope you and your family are doing well.This post is dedicated to my friends that have been with me since i turned 12. They never leave me, no matter what. Well I am talking about my acne. DRUMROLLS!  Ever since the first erruption on my face i have been experimenting with my skin, from toothpaste to turmeric (and all other spices) i have seen it all. I am not saying that nothing has worked, Sometimes i did not get satisfactorily results or sometimes It made my skin clear for good 9-10 months. So this time i thought of giving the popular over the counter AcneStar a shot.

WHAT IS ACNE STAR?
To put up in simpler words it is an over the counter acne treatment or medication in gel formulation. The gel is transparent and does not have any significant smell. You can get it in your nearby Drugstores or Pharmaceuticals and it retails for Rs.80. You get 15 gm of the product and it has an expiry date of 23 months from the date of manufacture. 
COMPOSITION:
Clindamycin IP
Nicotinamide IP
Gel base
Please ensure that you aren't allergic to any of the above substances and do a patch test before applying it.
DOSAGE :
As mentioned on the package it should pe applied as directed by the physician.
However I use it two times a day. 

AFTER 14 DAYS OF USING ACNE STAR
So i have been using it since two weeks by applying it everyday twice after washing my face. I am not using any other skincare product apart from my facewash, so that I can see if the gel is good on its own. I have seen a huge difference. I have got rid of almost all of my acne on my cheeks and around my nose. Though the difference on my forehead is lesser than my cheeks. I don't see any significant scarring. I can safely say that it clears up acne without scarring. Infact it seems to help heal my previous acne scars. Although It is not stopping the pimple erruptions, I mean that I still get 1-2 new pimples formation but it has definately gone a lot lower in number than I used to get before using it. It takes around two days to dry out an active pimple though it did not dry out my skin nor did it make it more oily thanks to the gel formulation. The package said that it will take around 4 weeks to get suited to my skin. So let's hope for the best. 
Now comes the most awaited

BEFORE

AFTER
PS: I know the lighting isn't same, However i hope you can still figure out the difference.

CONCLUSION: I recommend AcneStar, since it has worked well for me. You can give this a try. I really hope that it works for you too. 

Comments

You would also like to read