9 WAYS YOU CAN STUDY BETTER

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing fine. So today let's talk about something that most of us find difficult to figure out a way around.
I have even heard a lot of my friends saying that they want to study but they can't. To be honest I face the same issue sometimes too. *Rolls eyes* Over the time I have used  lot of techniques, routines, tips and tricks to study. Some have been sucessful and some have been a total waste of time. So today i am going to list down some tips, tricks and 'things i wish i knew before' which i have accumulated over 12 years of my school life. 
1. DEVELOP A STUDY ROUTINE.
When i say develop a study routine, don't quote me on that. I know it sounds so unrealistic at times. Its difficult to make a routine for the whole day and stick to it but you can definately figure your routine only around the time you study. For example, 5 things you would like to do before studying and 2 things you would do after studying. This way you can get your mind to prep for studying, over the time your mind will start preparing itself when you do those 5 things.
2. FIX A STUDY SPACE
A usual one, find a space where your mind can unwind itself from everything and give in to what you are reading. A study table is always better, but if you find your bed more comfortable then maybe just reserve a bed spread for studying only. But make sure you don't use it for anything other than study.  This has helped me a lot when i did not wanted to give up my bed. You can also go a step ahead and buy a bed table. 
SunRise Bed Table, Study Table & Laptop Table with Mica Finish (12" x 24")

3. FIND WAYS TO BRING YOUR CUT OFF CONCENTRATION BACK
Happens happens it all happens! Dude so difficult to do this one.A conventional one is meditating for sure. My personal favourite is sipping on water. I don't know if it actually does something to my body(other than keeping hydrated) but i think it has more of a placebo effect. Say if you believe that clapping your hands will bring your concentration back, it will do. Go around and practice this to fool your mind into bringing your lost concentration back.
4. DECLUTTER YOUR STUDY SPACE
Obviously cleaning your study space is super important. If you find studying difficult it may happen because of the poor organisation around your space. Just organise and keep everything tidy. If you have some distracting wall in front of you, declutter it too. I study better when facing a white wall(i know i am weird).
5. SETTING FUN CHALLENGES 
One way to make study enjoyable is to set challenges. For the very competitiveness inside me, I set study challenges and see if i can crack it. For example, I will complete this page in 15 mins. This helps me turn my inner beast on, but while its fun one should keep in mind that what matters in the end is that whatever you studied is worthful, so don't go too hard on yourself at times.
6. REWARD YOURSELF
When you challenge yourself you can also promise yourself to reward on completion of a long term challenge. Say, reward yourself when you complete 5 pages of the book. This helps me stay motivated throughout. But while you promise yourself don't fail to keep it, as it can in the long run demotivate you too or this rule can fail to motivate you.
7. TAKE HELP FROM MUSIC
I discovered this around 6 years back, that music can really help when i am studying something i don't like(#metoo). Its just too useful when doing maths, I ususlly listen to songs. But when i study something other than math, I rely on rain music and the one i really like is www.rainymood.com, it helps me focus better.
8. THE 25 TO 5 RULE
This rule helps when you are studying for exam, this says study for 25 minutes and rest for 5 minutes. This is in Accordance to the belief that your mind can concentrate for only 25 minutes continuosly. So whenever i study one day before my university exam, this rule helps me study for long duration efficiently rather than just studying for 5 hours straight and remembering only half of it.
9. SLOTTING
Certainly good when you are studying for exams as this can help you perform better in exams. When you are studying, study in slots of the duration of your exam. This will train your mind to focus continuosly for that duration of time. Even better if you do this during the same time of the day your exam is scheduled in. For example, if I have an exam from 9 A.M to 12 P.M I will study in a slot from 9 A.M to 12 P.M.

I really hope that I have helped you in some or the other way in figuring out a way for yourself. If you liked this post let me know in the comments, please share with your friends and classmates who can get help by this. HAPPY LEARNING ❤ !

Comments

You would also like to read