Does the charcoal face mask really work ?

Hii peeps ! I hope you are not getting much bored in your homes. So today lets talk about something viral a.k.a charcoal face mask. This product has been taking rounds on my instagram feed for years now. As much as we know through the videos this viral face mask is meant to pluck out white heads and blackheads. So last year to quench my curiosity i purchased this face mask. I have been using it since one year now ( don't take this as a benchmark of the efficiency of this product, read till the end) and today i will be presenting my opinion on it topped with some research.

Initial Thoughts
First of all when i purchased it, I was sure that it is a gimmick. Also the ingredient list is in a language I can't read.

Skin Background
For better understanding I would like to tell you that my skin is oily(read:very oily) & acne prone. Given that I have white heads on my nose and on the area surrounding my nose. I won't say I have a lot of white heads I would call it the decent amount.

Application 
Apply a medium layer slightly on the thicker side. It works better If you steam your face, so steam for good 2 to 4 minutes. Also if you are oily like me wash your face with a facewash to get rid off the oil on your face as it can prevent the mask from sticking on your face. Peel it off only when it is completely dry. It takes around 30-40 minutes to dry.
Please do a patch test before applying for the first time.

Results
The first time I used it i was surprised to see that this viral peel off mask actually peeled  my white heads off because there was a decent amount of protuding whiteheads. 
It works a lot better when you steam your face. It won't take off all your white heads, at least it did not in my case but it will take off all the visible white heads. This product is not only good for white heads and blackheads, it takes off dead skin too. 
Extra perks of this product is that it takes off dirt and gunk trapped in your skin pores off efficiently. It also takes off a lot of facial hair too. Its relaxing, it has a nice cooling effect so I personally use it when i am stressing over something, it just helps me relax so much. My skin feels a lot clear after using it.

Was it painful?
Talking about the pain, I was a little scared because in videos we can see girls crying. But when i peeled off the mask for the first time I felt very light pain. If you have ever got waxing done on your arms, It is 3 times lesser than that pain and 5 times lesser than threading pain.

Do I recommend you to purchase it?
All in all its a good product for someone with lot of whiteheads and blackheads. For someone who has lesser than the decent amount of whiteheads or blackheads, this product may not be what you are looking for. And for someone who is looking for a face mask to get rid of gunk and oil in face you can give this a shot.

You can buy this product at discounted price here:
Bamboo Charcoal Oil Control Anti-Acne Deep Cleansing Blackhead Remover Peel Off Mask for men and Women (Black)

Comments

You would also like to read